Since the release of the engine, I've been swamped documenting the engine C++ classes, writing How-To articles, documenting how to use the Untold Engine, testing the engine with several mini-games and fixing several issues in the engine.
I'm happy to say that I was able to figure out how to use Doxygen for the engine's documentation. I tried to use Gitbook and Read The Docs, unfortunately, they don't work well with C++ projects. In the end, I decided to use Doxygen to document the engine. Check it out.
The main improvement in the latest version beta-0.0.10.1 is the Camera. The Camera can behave as a Third Person Camera, First Person Camera, and a Basic Follow Camera. The video below shows an example.
Here is a summary of the Fixes and Improvements in Beta-v0.0.10.1
- Updated the gitignore file to exclude pch files.
- It was forcing the user to create a pch file after downloading the engine.
- Engine would hang if models were not within the camera view frustum.
- The issue was mainly related to the rendering during the shadow process.
- Modified the viewInDirection method for the Light entity.
- Improved the implementation for maintainance purposes. The flow process is clearer.
- Modify the viewInDirection method for 3D Model entities.
- Realized the initial implementation failed for corner cases.
- Clean methods in U4DJoyStick which were no longer used. Clean up the class.
- Implemented a Camera System- First person camera, Third person camera, and basic follow camera
Well, thanks for reading. I will keep you posted.